Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mercy Flights and Races





Do you have a blog...do you have face book...do you have my space...I keep hearing these questions from friends who want to put me in their webs. I've held out for a long time but just last week Kevin, an old friend who just happens to be, Mr. Tech Man Of The World...came by with his family and pushed me right off the edge with his iPhone that sends updates right to his blog. So here goes...I'm blogging.




I'm sitting in an executive terminal in Denver waiting for a seven year old boy named Justice who has cancer to return from Children's hospital with his dad. The plan is to fly them back home across the Rockies, but we may have to wait till morning because winds aloft are gusting to 60 MPH and I'm not sure the little guy can handle the turbulence. I do these flights quite a bit and they are often sad. The hardest, by far, is dealing with a boy who is only a year older than my son. The good news is that he is holding his own and the treatment seems to be working. Say a prayer for Justice is you think of it.


My life is running at full-tilt right now so to get away and recharge, I throw a leg over my... maybe a little fear, red bull, Honda... and tap into 450 horses of non-stop therapy. This past weekend I raced a Supercross in Colorado Springs and a Motocross in Denver. They were the first races of the season for me because my schedule has not allowed me to make any others. This is going to be a sparse season because of all that is going on with Samaritan this summer. I'll take what I can get though, and this past weekend was a major treat.


No comments: